How to Prepare Delicious Takeaway Porridge Pots at Home Pronto


Porridge is not a common meal in the country I was born in.

The first time I saw my friend eating it, I felt disgusted.
It didn't look very appealing.
I had to try it anyway because that's the way I am: "Don't read the book by its cover."

It was love at first bite.

I brought it home with me and now most of my siblings and relatives appreciate the simplicity and the tastiness of this rustic meal.

We ate it sweet with fresh fruits, honey, seeds, sugar. You name it.
But I like the salty version too.

Today, I am publishing one of the ideas that came to mind last night. Actually, it was @3 in the morning really.
I have been working on my 17 blogs for 2 days almost without a break and I was starving.

I wanted something pronto and filling because I was also exhausted. I didn't feel like cooking at all.

Now, you need to know that my house is a grocery shop. You can find almost everything. Plus, it's opened 24 hours a day.
But, again. I wanted something... I didn't even know until I saw it.

I went to my quirky open-space kitchen and looked at my rustic shelf.
Packed with stuff: salty, sweet and sour. Everything in order.
Then I saw the jar with dried fruits, next to it, a jar with oatmeals. That moment I knew what I wanted. Both body and soul craved for that warm feeling that only porridge can give you.

Except... I had no milk.
I didn't drink milk in a very long time. I am not fond of it much. I almost never buy it.

I knew that porridge made with water was not that great. But I wanted it so badly!
I was determined to make me a big bowl pronto.

Then... I saw the jar of dried milk - the milk I use to make hot chocolate when my body dictates it.

Eureka!

Long story short, it was one of the best meals I had in a very long time.
Plus, I learned how to prepare a mix of instant delicious and healthy takeaway porridge pots at home.

What it's needed: 
  • 3 Sppons of a mix of oatmeals you prefer most. Better if it's very fine oat
  • 2 Spoons of dried milk 
  • 2-3 spoons of dried fruits - or fresh fruits = banana, apple, berries, etc. 
I prefer dried fruits to fresh fruits in my porridge.

Optional: 

  • Chocolate flakes - loads - white and black
  • Poppy, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame seeds, flaxseed or any other type of seed you may fancy
  • Sugar
I never add sugar to my porridge. The only sugar I like is the one in chocolate bars.

How to make it:
  • Mix all these and add 200 ml of boiling water on top 
  • Stir and let it covered for 2 -3 minutes 
  • Or, if you can't wait because you're starving, put it in the microwave for 1 minute 
It can be served at all times during the day and night! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Whenever you feel peckish, cold, ill and sad. 
It's very comforting! 

Image from Pixabay

Besides, it's great on diets! 

What more can you ask from something so easy and simple to make?

You'll need a finer oat than this 
Now you can prepare pots of instant porridge at home. 

Add whatever dried fruits and seeds you like. 

You just need some boxes to prepare fixed portions. 

These pots are ideal to take away to school and workplace. 

If you don't have dried milk at home, you might have Coffee-Mate style powder. Even cappuccino powder.  
Any powder that contains dried milk would do.

***
If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed - I am an indie author in need of support.

Visit and follow me on Amazon.comGoodreadsFacebook,  TwitterYouTube,  Author Cristina G. Authors for Life and so on. 
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfill my dream. 
Give and it shall be given to you.  
May the universe be always on your side.

No comments

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.