Curry Spaghetti with Bacon - Exotic Comfort Food

Do you like spaghetti?
I love spaghetti, I love all pasta shapes and meals. Except for ready meals.

I have tried once out of curiosity... Wow. I was disgusted. The pasta was so... mushy. For someone who lived in Italy and worked in restaurants for ten years, that was utterly inedible.
I can't even imagine what an Italian think of that.

Pasta is really easy to make at home.
You don't have to cook it "al dente," that's an Italian thing.
Besides, "al dente" doesn't actually mean that the pasta is not cooked entirely or has a crunchy texture as many affirm. It's difficult to explain.

Buy all my books (paperbacks)  and I'll cook for you the perfect Italian pasta.

Let me be clear, this is not a usual taste.
It is not an Italian recipe. In fact, I am risking my life with the publication of this recipe. I could end up lynched on the streets. Just kidding. But I might...

It is not an Asian recipe. God, no.

This is MY recipe.
A combination of recipes with an exotic flavour that will surprise and enchant your palate.
Are you brave enough to try it?
I would if I was you. But I am biased.



Degree of difficulty: low-medium (depending on your cooking skills)
Preparation time: 20 min
Servings: 2

Ingredients
  • 400 g pasta or a pack of 500 g if you're hungry
  • 1 jar of curry sauce - yes, I usually buy my curry sauce - 380 g 
  • 150 g bacon, possibly smoked. You can also use: guanciale, pancetta, chorizo 
  • 1 yellow onion or shallot 
  • 3 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder 
  • 2 - 3 tbsps of olive oil - or the one you fancy
  • a pinch of salt
  • water to boil the pasta - approx 2 l
Optional
  • 2 tbsps of Grana Padano, Parmigiano Reggiano, grated cheddar, mozzarella or any cheese you fancy. I added none this time because the recipe is a calory bomb already. But I tried it before and it's lush!

Method of preparation 

I am extremely busy writing my novels, I chop the onion BIG
  • Boil water in a large pot - pasta almost doubles in shape when it's ready. You could add salt or not. I usually don't.
  • Add the pasta and let it boil for 10 minutes or as instructed on the pack. Some pasta requires a longer cooking time. I boil it for 7 minutes at most. But that's me.
  • In a meantime, peel the onion and the garlic
  • Crush the garlic, or chop it as finely as possible 
  • Chop the onion as you like
  • Cut the bacon (the guanciale, pancetta, chorizo, etc.) 
  • Put the oil in a big pan - a wok would be perfect - heat it, add the garlic and onion, stir for a minute, Add the pancetta and let it fry - about 5 minutes - stirring from time to time to avoid burning it. If you add garlic powder, you will do so at the very end. It doesn't need to cook.
  • Add the curry sauce and check the pasta. Please don't overcook it unless you like it that way.
  • When the pasta is ready - or almost - drain it and put in the pan stirring it well for at least 3 minutes
  • Stop the fire and serve hot with grated cheese or not. I promise it's a recipe to die for. 


***
If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action. Like, comment and share the love.
As you might know - or have guessed - I am an indie author in terrible need of support.
Visit my Amazon.com profile to see my books. 
Give and it shall be given to you.  
May the universe be always on your side.

No comments

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.