Mushroom & Asparagus Risotto - Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipe

I am a master of risottos. I have learned to make it from the best chefs in Italy.

I love risottos in every variant possible, but I prefer them to be vegan. 
Becuase of that, I have invented several recipes myself. Unique recipes, extremely brave and unbelievably tasty. I will share them with you on this page. 

Some of this recipes were published on my other blogs: While I breathe, I hope & De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum.

I must admit that I am not fond of asparagus. I don't know why. I can say that they are tasty and delicious, but I don't buy them often. 
Probably because I wasn't brought up seeing them anywhere. 
However, I use them in my risottos. 
I love mushrooms though. Not necessarily these white one, but those very flavoured that are difficult to find in England. I guess flavoured mushrooms are not loved in the UK. 

I actually looked online and I couldn't find the name of any mushroom I know. 
They are Italian and you can find them dry. 


Degree of difficulty: low
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2




Ingredients

  • 250 -300 g rice
  • 5 pieces of asparagus
  • 200 g mushrooms
  • 1 yellow onion or leek
  • 1 +1/2 cup water / soup ( warm/hot about 300 ml )
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • Indicated / recommended 1 chilli / paprika 1 teaspoon ( burns fat , improves circulation , helps digestion and is AFRODIZIAC . : P)
  • Optional: white wine 50 ml (1/2 cup ), grated cheese, a piece of butter – if you're not vegan or vegetarian.
No need for other spices. You'd cover the gorgeous taste of the asparagus. It's a pity!

Method of preparation


  • Clean, wash and dice the onion 
  • Wash the asparagus + mushrooms, chop them
  • Pour the oil into a saucepan
  • If you add garlic, now is the time time. Dice/mince/crush it with the back of a knife. Add it and leave for 1 minute. Avoid burning it. It becomes bitter. - If it's dry/dust put it at the end.
  • Add the onion, leave it for 4 minutes to slow cook (enough to soften it), then add the asparagus+ mushrooms, leave all for another 5 minutes

  • Add the rice ( if you are gluten intolerant you should wash it a few times before use). 
  • Mix thoroughly for 1 minute or 2




  • If you put wine now is the time. Pour it into the pan. Increase the heat and stir until it evaporates (about 2 minutes, depending on the heat).
  • If not, add warm/hot water or broth/stock enough to cover the rice. Beware that you may need more. I do not recommend you to add it all right away. Stir.


  • When it starts to boil, lower the heat, cover and let it slowly cook for 10 minutes (not an Italian way!). Check from time to time, and add more water/broth, 5-10 tablespoons. Leave for 5 minutes more and so on. Be careful not to burn it or set the house on fire! 
  • When ready, depending on your taste ( I like it " al dente " ), stop the heat, leave it covered for 2-3 minutes. 
  • If you add butter and cheese – assuming you are not vegan or vegetarian – now is the time. Stir thoroughly and serve it hot with Parmigiano Reggiano on top. If you are not vegan. Then don't add it. Add some parsley instead.

Absolutely beautiful!
***
If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action. 
As you might know - or have guessed - I am an indie author in terrible need of support.
Visit my Amazon.com profile to check my romance novels, self-help books, memoirs, inspirational and motivational stories. 
Give and it shall be given to you.  
Like, comment and share the love. 
May the universe be always on your side.

No comments

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.