Raw Low-calorie Salad – Gluten-free & Vegan Recipe


I adore salads as I adore potatoes. I make salads from potatoes too.
I am not vegan, but I love vegan recipes and I invented thousands. Same as gluten-free and other dietic recipes.
I fact, when I started publishing recipes, I did it to help people who have different intolerances and food allergies.
This light salad is healthy, cheap, easy to make and utterly delicious.
It is my mother’s favourite and every time I make it (very often) I think of her.
She is 83 now and lives in Romania. I live in England. I miss her so much… as I miss my dad too. They are both so far away.
As you can see, I have a very emotional attachment to it.



Preparation time: 10 or fewer minutes – depending on your cooking skills
Degree of difficulty: low – as above
Serves: 2 people

Ingredients:

·         1 fresh cucumber (100 g circa)
·         3 – 4 fresh tomatoes (100 g circa)
·         1 row onion (you can choose not to add it, but it’s very indicated)
·         1 small pepper of your choice: red, yellow, green (20 – 30 g circa)
·         3 + 2 tablespoons of your favourite oil (I use olive oil)
·         a pinch of salt      
Optional but very recommended:
·         a pinch of paprika/ chilli. I add it to almost every food because it burns calories and because I like spicy food! I love spicy in general.
·         1 can of sweetcorn (30 g circa)

 Method of Preparation:

·         Peel the onion and wash the cucumber, tomatoes, and pepper
·         Mince the onion or cut it julienne. Do the same with the pepper. Slice the cucumber, and the tomatoes
·         Put them in a bowl. Add salt and oil and serve immediately.

Row onions change the taste in 1 hour or less. If you make this recipe for later or the next day, add the onion just before serving.

Serve with fresh bread, toasts, and other meals: meat, fish, potatoes.
My mum used to add a chopped small fresh chilli and serve it with hot or cold polenta. I do the same. So, so delicious!
It makes me feel closer to her.


It’s really to die for. 

No comments

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.