Spring Onion & Dill Salad - Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipe

I absolutely adore spring onion. It is so crunchy, so flavoured, so fresh and so incredibly healthy.
I could eat spring onion salad every day of my life and I would never get bored. 
It's incredibly easy to make. 
Ready in 5 minutes. 

But you've never thought about a salad only from spring onions, have you? 
Believe it or not, spring onions are not that stingy as dried onions.
I used to eat spring onions salad every day, even twice a day, when I was leaving in my country with my parents.

The dill should make your breath smell better, but don't count on that. Raw onion is still raw onion. 
You should avoid it when you go to work or you stay among people. 
Choose evenings when you stay in and don't have to kiss anyone. 


"Spring onion: Low in Sodium, very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. Good source of Thiamin, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.

Dill: Very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. Good source of Dietary Fiber, Niacin, Phosphorus, Zinc and Copper, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese."

Amazing idea for celiac people and those who are on a diet, also for vegans and vegetarians.


Degree of difficulty: none
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1-2


Ingredients
  • 5-7 Spring onions
  • a small bunch/a few twigs of fresh dill
  • 2 spoons of olive oil (any oil will do) 
  • ¼ teaspoon of salt
Optional: flaxseed, pumpkin, sunflower seeds


Preparation

Clean, wash, dry the spring onions and the dill, chop it all the way you like it, add oil and salt and eat with appetency.
Appetency is an English word, right?! My dictionary doesn't recognize it. 

Serve with fresh bread or polenta.

***
If you are on a diet, it is one of the richest in vitamins salad/dish you can find. It fills you up for a few hours.

Have it as often as you want, but brush your teeth and tongue thoroughly (20 min) after you had this salad.
Use mouthwash and chewing gum if you care about the people around you. :)

Kissing is prohibited unless your partner ate this salad too.


If you want something more nutritious, add boiled potatoes, pasta and/or eggs.
No eggs if you're vegan/vegetarian, obviously.
Not an easy job when you grow loads of plants.
I almost forgot: Dill makes your boobs grow.
Men hands-off; unless you like to have boobs.
Women from all around the world, eat dill in industrial quantities and... BELIEVE! Miracles happen every day. :p
Although it's a myth, I believe that as long as you eat dill every day, they do look bigger. I am not joking. 

When I used to eat loads of this salad (+++dill). Home grown.
***
If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action. 
As you might know - or have guessed - I am an indie author in terrible need of support.
Visit my Amazon.com profile to check my romance novels, self-help books, memoirs, inspirational and motivational stories. 
Give and it shall be given to you.  
Like, comment and share the love. 
May the universe be always on your side.

No comments

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.