The most nutritious, quick & tasty gluten-free breakfast - Omelette

I am trying to be vegan, and despite the fact that I am making them often for my guests, I am not fond of omelettes and frittatas.
And I am also not very fond of cheese either. Unless if fried. How curious.
Never mind.

However, sometimes, I feel the need for a tasty omelette. Especially when I am very hungry.
This omelette - or rich scrambled eggs if you like - is to die for.
The contrasting flavours combine absolutely perfectly to give you the most nutritious breakfast, lunch, dinner time.
Starting the day with this meal raises your moral and prepares you for a heavy day.

I call it "the breakfast of the strongest."
Magnific if you're a sporty person, or you have a long day ahead.
Perfect for celiacs and for those on a diet.

It's easy to make, and incredibly fast.

Just to deviate a little, I am in my third day of fasting. I can honestly say that I can't wait until my fasting period finishes. This omelette is the first meal I'll have. That good it is.
And I am supposed to be vegan.
Bad, bad Cristina!

I didn't like the coriander seeds from the first, second, third or tenth time. But I grew to like them. They are absolutely delicious if you heat them for a minute before cooking.
Very healthy and fragrant.
I would never give up on them. I put these seeds everywhere. Except for soups, because I am a traditionalist and I have my favourite spice for soups: thyme.
But I must try it soon.
And you should to, if you care for your health, but mostly if you like to make a tasty meal out of everything.



Specifications
Degree of difficulty: very low - none
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Servings: 1 - for more portions, double, triple, etc. the ingredients.


Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 spoons of grated cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, etc. Whatever you fancy or have in the fridge, even Parmigiano. 
  • 1 spoon of coriander seeds - dust is not good, same goes for the leaves, they have a different taste that doesn't go well with everything
  • 2 spoons of fresh minced parsley. If you like coriander, you can add coriander. Or even dill. 
  • 1 spoon of various seeds: flaxseed, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, etc. If you don't have any, don't bother. It would be more nutritious though. 
  • 1 spoon of olive oil - or any other oil you fancy
  • a pinch of salt - be careful because the cheese is salty generally. I never add salt to frittatas or omelettes any way. 
I don't enjoy mincing much as you can see. 

Method of preparation

  • Prepare the ingredients: mince the parsley. 
  • Beat the eggs (yolks and whites) until light and frothy. 
  • Add the fresh parsley and the cheese on top of the beaten eggs. Beat again for a minute.
  • Heat a frypan and add the coriander and eventually the other seeds. Leave for a minute over medium heat. 
  • Add the eggs (with cheese and parsley), stir continuously until cooked. 
  • Serve hot or cold with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, pickles, etc. and a slice of fresh bread or toast. 

***
If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
As you might know - or have guessed - I am an indie author in terrible need of support.
Visit my Amazon.com profile to check my romance novels, self-help books, memoirs, inspirational and motivational stories.


Give and it shall be given to you.
Like, comment and share the love.
May the universe be always on your side.

No comments

If you enjoyed this recipe or idea, please take positive action.
Like, comment and share the love.

As you might know - or have guessed due to the book covers on the side - I am an indie author in need of support.
Visit and follow me on social networks and blogs.
I am everywhere because I work night and day to promote my work and fulfil my dream.

Give and it shall be given to you.

May the universe be always on your side.